Saturday, December 6, 2008

The best story ever.

me: so I'm in Huntsville and I went to a restaurant with my friend Amy after we finished eating we figured we'd head to the bar to have a cocktail
there was this guy sitting next to me and he started talking with me, engaging in somewhat flirtatious and sarcastic banter
Orshi: lol, i'm not surprised :)
me: at one point i said something and he was like "I would just topple you right off the barstool." and I said "that would not only be rude, but rather injurious." he said "Injurious is not a word."
Orshi: haha love that comment
me: I said "yes, it definitely is"
now to give background, he's been out here on business travel for a year, all expenses paid, he gets more money than we do. just so you know.
(expenses including his $1500 share of rent on his Manhattan apartment)
Orshi: wow
me: so anyways we argue a bit and he's like "I would bet $1000 (i typed that right) that injurious is not a word"
I said "You're on."
because i know, without a doubt, it's a word.
Orshi: NICE
me: a girl at the end of the bar had an iPhone
she looked it up online and said "It's definitely a word." She read the definition from Webster's.
I told him to go to an ATM.
He said that he would pay for $1,000 for me in drinks.
Orshi: dumbass
me: I facetiously said "Well, unless we get out a bottle of Dom Perignon I don't think that would happen"
(I really just thought of the most expensive alcohol I could)
the bartender went to the refrigerator and pulled out what I later found was a $246 bottle of Dom Perignon.
Orshi: holy cow
me: Now before anything was opened, I felt I needed to clear the air.
So I said, "I feel like I just need to say, so I'm totally above board here, that I do have a boyfriend. I don't want to lead you on."
He was like "OK. Open it up"
So me, this guy, my friend, and the waitress all shared a bottle of Dom Perignon champagne.
Orshi: nice
me: I AM AWESOME.

No comments: